Too Busy for Business Development?
We all know that it is a best practice to have a business development plan. It’s even better to follow one. But during exceptionally busy periods – like around the holidays – a simple business development theme (or BD theme) can be more manageable.
Your BD theme serves as a mission statement—a concept that focuses your thoughts and efforts in a positive direction. Here are a few examples:
- Get to know your clients’ businesses better
- Spend more quality time with your top referral sources
- Be more responsive to your social media community
- Ask for referrals and introductions
- Reinforce your unique brand in your conversations with others
As you can see, these are more like subjective guidelines to live by rather than measurable goals to achieve. To that end, they are less likely to overwhelm during the busy periods when you just can’t bear the idea of adding another task to your “should’ve-done” list.