In this episode of the Market Leaders Podcast, David Ackert welcomes special guest Diane Paoletta, Director of Marketing at Phillips Nizer. Diane has had a dynamic career, spearheading marketing and business development efforts at multiple professional services firms – from accounting to consulting to legal. David and Diane explore the similarities and differences in applying business development principles and tactics at professional services firms across different industries, particularly examining the dynamic between law and accounting.
David and Diane engage in an insightful discussion, including:
- Diane’s personal account of the transition from accounting to legal
- Strategic similarities between the two industries and common tactics that Diane has successfully implemented at each
- Industry/firm perspectives on the practice of business development, as well as the tracking and reporting on progress
- Tips to successfully leveraging personal networks and the shared networks of those around you
- Advice for marketers looking at transitioning from one industry to another
- And more